Connect with us
, chapter eight
Francisco is still frustrated by the fact that his father thinks he is too young to have his own cotton sack.
Chapter Eight Quiz
1. Why do you think it is so important to Francisco to have his own cotton sack?
2. Francisco thinks that his father's cotton sack makes him look like a _________.
3. Mama jokes that her's looks like a _______________.
4. Francisco says he likes the rain, because it means he can sleep in. Based on his actions, what do you think Papa thinks of the rain? Why?
5. Who is the fastest cotton picker in the family?
6. What holiday is it, when Francisco and his family go out in the cold to pick cotton?
7. Francisco's mistakes in the final scene prove to him that he really isn't ready, yet, to work like the adults. Why do you think he reaches this conclusion? What proves it to him?
Copyright 2014 Classroom Graffiti