Connect with us
The Circuit, Chapter Six
This short chapter adds details to the video you saw when we started the book, where Francisco talked about a Christmas in Tent City.
It's a very short chapter, but it is very important to understanding how his childhood affected him.
1. How many times has the family moved this year, according to Francisco?
2. What does Mama make for the family to eat?
3. How does she get meat for the family to eat?
she rummages through trash cans
she tells the butcher that the family has a dog, and asks for scraps
she steals from the neighbors
4. In two sentences, describe the scene with the young couple. What do they want? Why does the family refuse them? How do you think that makes Papa and Mama feel?
5. What gift does Papa give Mama?
Copyright 2014 Classroom Graffiti