Connect with us
Audio covers from the start of the chapter until page 45.
After that, you'll need to
finish the chapter
on your own
Chapter Four Quiz
1. Which of the following words did Noah use to describe Mr. Shine on page 35? (choose more than one)
2. Based on Noah's description of the man, write one sentence explaining Mr. Shine to someone who hasn't read the book
3. On page 36, Noah says 'I started casting a white bucktail and in no time jumped a baby tarpon that wasn't even ten pounds.' Based on this, what do you think a white bucktail is?
A fishing lure
A game at the casino
4. Reread the sentence in question 3. What do you think Noah means when he says that he 'jumped a baby tarpon that wasn't even ten pounds?'
He found a stray dog
He shot a squirrel
He caught a fish
5. Near the top of page 43, Noah describes his father using a 'tarpon gaff' to do something. Based on that paragraph, which of the following words do you think best describes a tarpon gaff?
6. Who do you think 'wins' in the confrontation between Noah and Jasper Jr. in this chapter? Explain why you feel the way you do. Write at least 3 sentences.
Copyright 2014 Classroom Graffiti